Sunday, November 30, 2014

Saturday at Sephora

So as a sweet surprise yesterday my husband let me wander around aimlessly at Sephora for as long as I wanted. So while I was there I took full advantage of the fact that I had no makeup on and I played. I started with one of the mini makeovers that they offer and did the eyebrow tutorial to help me really master the trend of statement brows. I have to say the girl was great. She really talked me through how to get a great technique and she did one brow then had me do the other so I could practice with her watching. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in medium brown as the brow filler.
This was also the first time I had ever used any products from the Anastasia line and I have to say that I was impressed. The color was great, a little went a long way, and it lasted all day which was great.
After having my brows done I decided I was only going to try products I wasn't familiar with but had been wanting to try. So next up was a trip to the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics to try out their lip tar. I chose the Black Dahlia color which is a dark berry with a matte finish. I liked the color and it lasted a long time, however I do not think I will be purchasing this product for myself because it had that waxy lipstick taste which I do not like and it dried my lips out so much that ay the end of the night I needed two applications of Chapstick to get them hydrated again.
I headed over to Urban Decay next to try out their Big Fatty mascara which I liked but was not exceptionally impressed with. I would use it if given to me but don't see a purchase in the future. I finished my makeup journey with a trip to Benefit where I tried an eyeshadow out of their World Famous Neutrals palette in the color It's Complicated which was a glittery golden shade it was soft but I had really played up the lips so I wasn't looking for a heavy eye look.
To round out my Sephora experience I headed to perfume and spritzed on Lady Million by Paco Rabanne. My husband loves the men's fragrance One Million so I had to try out the women's version. I was not disappointed and my husband loved it too so I definitely see a bottle finding it's way into my perfume collection in the future. Overall it was a great day and I got to play with my favorite toy of all time: makeup.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for a day at Sephora!,You are very lucky, we dont have one close by. Occasionally I get 10 minutes of peace in our Ulta though.

    ReplyDelete