Thursday, June 18, 2015

First ipsy bag!!!

So I received my first ipsy bag for the month of June and I have to say I was very excited to sign up, excited to open it and I really loved my first bag. I decided to join ipsy for a couple of reasons, firstly I love makeup and through what I've seen about the beauty boxes out there ipsy seems to be the most makeup centric one except for maybe one or two indie type boxes. Secondly for $10 a month that is a very hard price point to beat.
If you don't know what ipsy is its a subscription service for $10 a month as mentioned that sends out 5 samples, minis, or full size products each month in a makeup bag. Every month everyone gets the same bag but gets a variety of products inside of it. This month I received:
Liptitide Hydrating Lip Stain.
This is a very dark pink lip stain with a minty smell and a kind of thick formula. I personally didn't like this for a couple of reasons. The color was too dark for me and the actually lip stain itself got very messy and got all over my teeth while I wore it.

The next product I received was treStique Mini Shadow Crayon in marimoto pink pearl. When I first took this out of the bag I thought that the lid had fallen off but then I realized that it was actually just the packaging and I thought it was really adorable. It went on super smooth and evenly and has a very nice creamy texture. The color is really too light for me to wear as just an eyeshadow but is great for use as an all over highlighter.

I also got another eye product the Aurora Intensively Precise Eyeliner in blackberry. This is a felt tipped type eyeliner which I haven't ever used anything like before.  The color is black and it has real staying power. The only problem I had was that the lobe was really too thin for me which I think I can work out if I just use it some more and get familiar with it.

My last makeup item is the Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I have used this product before it's not my favorite primer but it works well and I'll definitely use it.

Thw only non makeup product I received was the Altchek Depuff eye pads. I received two sets of these I have used one. I put it in the refrigerator like the package suggests and it was very nice and cooling and felt good on my skin. I don't really have puffy eyes or fine lines and wrinkles so I didn't notice any difference in this area however I am saving the second set to use after I have my baby in three weeks when there is a way better chance that I will have puffy eyes that will enjoy a cooling eye pad.

The last thing is of course the ipsy bag itself. This one is a black bag with raised ipsy logos on the front and a neoprene back and a bright orange zipper. I personally love this bag and think it's great to throw in a pool/beach bag or just a purse.

Overall I would give this bag a 9 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your first Ipsy bag review and love your eye pads!!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete