Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I can only afford Keystone but I'm always eyeing that Dom

I have a seemingly insatiable appetite for all things makeup and beauty and an equally seemingly empty wallet. I crave, lust after and shop for the products I can't afford while having to work my budget to fit in the things I absolutely have to have. There are a few tricks I've learned along the way though.
Firstly, never be too good to ask for a sample or just try a product out in the store. Often times if you see a product you like at a makeup store or counter u can ask them to give u a makeover with the product so you can see how it looks and works for you.
Secondly, if you can, buy a new product in a mini form. This is good for two reasons. Generally a mini is significantly cheaper than a full size and it's a great way to try something and if you don't like it you don't feel as much guilt for spending a lot on a product you hate. Another perk to this is with some products full sizes are just too big for me I can never use the whole thing and wind up throwing away a half full product.
Thirdly, this kind of piggy backs on minis but often a palette or collection of minis gives you a chance to try multiple things for a price close to one full size product. Another great thing that's out there nowadays is subscription boxes like birchbox and ipsy just to name a couple that send out a selection of deluxe samples and regular samples to you monthly the two I mentioned are $10 a month but there are many more that offer different things for varrying prices so they are well worth looking into.
And one last simple trick to making a makeup addiction work for you is to join the rewards programs of stores or websites you shop the most at if they have one. These are great ways to get discounts, free products, extra samples and perks from places you already love. So they are 100% win win. And it's always an extra win when I've made my addiction work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment